The quartz sleeve of a UV system protects the UV lamp from contact with water and mineral buildup. Over time the quartz sleeve will accumulate mineral deposits which must be cleaned (recommended every 3 months) to keep your system running at peak performance. When the quartz sleeve can no longer be cleaned it must be replaced. UV light passes through the quartz sleeve and deactivates the ability for bacteria and viruses to multiply, helping reduce your chances of getting sick from waterborne contaminants. Keep your UV system functioning at its best with the QS-001 replacement quartz sleeve for the VH200 system.
- NOTE: Water must be turned off with chamber drained and UV Lamp removed before quartz sleeve can be cleaned and or replaced.
- Remove the top retaining nut and O-ring.
- Remove the bottom retaining nut, Spring and loosen the O-ring to drain the water. Note: Ensure that the quartz sleeve does not slide through.
- Remove the quartz sleeve from the UV chamber.
- Clean the quartz sleeve with a cloth soaked in CLR, vinegar or some other mild acid and then rinse with water.
- Re-insert the quartz sleeve with O-ring(s), Spring, and retaining nut(s).
- Hand tighten the retaining nut(s), taking care not to over-tighten.
- When completed, replace the UV lamp and turn water back on.